How to set timer switch for Signage Light Automation
The Qwatt Time Switch is a versatile single-out put single -program time switch designed to operate with 240 volts AC. In this guide, we’ll walk you through the process of setting up and programming this device, ensuring seamless control over your Signage Lighting and other electrical appliances. Let’s dive into the details!
Front Panel Features
At a glance, the front panel of the Qwatt Time Switch offers a range of key features:
- Terminal Connections: A1, A2, P1, P2, as well as load connections (NC, common, and NO).
- Display: Time Display
- Buttons: Five buttons for setting clock timings and program settings.
- Slide Switches: Two switches for programming start times and durations.
- Battery Slot: Power backup
Mounting the Switch
- Mount the switch on a DIN rail, securing it to a wall or panel using screws.
- Slide the product onto the DIN rail for secure installation.
- Connect the source to A1 (phase) and A2 (neutral).
- Ensure the P1 & P2 link remains shorted for clock programming. Remove it once programming is complete.
- Connect a jumper wire from A1 to the common point to loop the phase wire.
- Connect the load (e.g., a bulb) phase wire to the NO point and the load’s neutral wire to A2.
An all-important artifact in our quest for a sustainable future is signage light automation. Traditional signage often relies on constant illumination which leads to unnecessary consumption of energy. As the need for automation arises, Qwatt Technologies takes a step towards an energy efficient future. This automation can be incorporated by smart technologies such as sensors, IoT integration and adaptive control systems. By dynamically adjusting brightness levels based on ambient light, signage light automation not only ensures that signs are visible when needed but also significantly reduces energy wastage. Qwatt Technologies is at the forefront of transforming the signage landscape through cutting-edge innovation. Qwatt automatic time switches have made a significant difference in our daily lives. These innovative switches, equipped with smart technology, have transformed the way we illuminate our spaces. In a world increasingly focused on sustainable living, Qwatt automatic timer switches stand as a beaming example of how technology can effortlessly blend comfort with responsible energy practices.
Programming the Time Switch
- Insert a Duracell battery in the battery slot, ensuring correct polarity.
- Switch on the timer. The display will show current clock timings.
- To change timings, keep P1 and P2 shorted. Adjust using the clock hour and minute buttons. For instance, set the time to 11:30.
- To set the program, use the slide switches for start timings (for 6 pm – Set 18:00) and duration (duration would be 12 hours if the load to be turned on at 6:00 am). Set the desired timings using the program hour & minute button.
- Return the slide switches to the “run” position.
- To review start timings, move the slider button to the “start” position.
- To review duration, move the slider button to the “duration” position.
Testing the Time Switch
Observe how the bulb turns on at 6 PM and off at 6 AM, precisely as programmed..
By following these step-by-step instructions, you can confidently set up and program the Qwatt Time Switch for seamless control over your Signage Lighting and other electrical devices.